7301 Medical Center Dr.
West Hills, CA 91307-1904
Phone: (818) 346-4411
Fax: (818) 346-1798
It is very important for you to have the best scan possible, so please follow these instructions closely:
The night before your scan you:
- may eat non-breaded meat and entrees, such as: Grilled or pan-broiled steak: baked or broiled chicken: grilled or baked fish or shrimp.
- may eat side items without carbohydrates such as grilled or steamed asparagus or broccoli, mushrooms & GREEN vegetable or salad with regular Italian or vinegar and oil dressing.
- may use butter or margarine.
- may not eat sugar (or sugar substitutes), potatoes, pasta, rice, chips, bread or fruit, dairy products (such as milk, cream, cream substitute, ice cream).
- may not smoke, drink coffee or exercise strenuously.
- It is very important that your restrict your food intake after dinner, and have nothing to eat the morning of your scan. We encourage you to drink water.
Continue to take regular medications if they can be tolerated on an empty stomach.
Inform the Center if there is any history of claustrophobia or if sedation is needed.
Wear comfortable clothing. The scan room may be cold, so wear sweats if cold bothers you.
- call and confirm your appointment.
- arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to sign forms and discuss any questions you may have.
- bring any previous PET, MRI or CT scans, or other x-ray films or CD's, or help us locate these items.
- bring reports of any prior imaging studies as well.
- notify us 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel your appointment.
You will be injected with a specially formulated sugar called FDG. The dose of FDG is tailored to each patient according to weight, and is ordered 24 hours in advance. If you do not notify us of a cancellation at least 24 hours in advance, you will be responsible for the cost of the FDG.